Wednesday 3 June 2009

MY PARENTS' JOY

Even though I couldn't emerge as a topper in my examinations, still my parents were ecstatic about my achievement. I was glad that my passport size photograph had appeared on the second row of the third page of the local supplement of The Hitavada. I recieved quite a few congratulatory messages on the 26th of may, my parents were happy and so was I. But the same intensity of happiness was not observed on some of the others' faces. ON my nanaji's face to be precise but frankly speaking I had promised 95% plus and I nearly delivered it so no need to regret I believe. I ain't a crybaby and I didn't behave like one. I was bowled over by my papa when he distributed XXL rasgullas on me putting up a good show in the examintions. It was an overwhelming gesture on his part which won't be forgotten by me for the rest of my life. My mothers' joy was no less and I wasn't entitled to ask for rewards and awards since I had already recieved a truckload of goodies - A Best Of Europe tour, A TISSOT t-touch, BOSE earphones and much more. I think I will never be able to relieve myself from the enormous debt that my parents have put on me by showering such lavish luxuries from such a tender age. I would really regret misbehaving with my parents on any account but sometimes there's a lack of understanding which leads to squabbles but nevertheless they mean a lot to me. I salute their spirit and hope that I become worthy enough to deserve them. Thank YOU god for gifting me such invaluable assets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happiness begins with yourself

 How often do we rely on externalities to satiate our craving for emotional fulfilment? We have completely  outsourced the entirety of our w...